Friday 3 June 2011

The adventure begins!

May 27
My first European toilet! I've arrived!


May 28
Claire and I spent the day in London. We walked sooo far, but we got to see Hyde Park, Westminster Hall (including Big Ben), Buckingham Palace, Waterloo Bridge, and more. We had dinner at this tiny underground pub from the 1600s - delicious and very English!


May 29
Claire left early and I was on my own. I'm staying in Slough for the time being, on a sort of ugly road with a really adorable name.


May 30
At home it was Memorial Day, here it was a bank holiday. I didn't have work, so I familiarized myself with the company apartment in which I'm staying for the week. Not a lot to familiarize myself with.


May 31
My first day of work! I'm working at UCB Celltech, a midsized pharmaceutical with a big office in Slough, UK (about 40 minutes outside London). I'm doing a market research project for a new drug, as well as shadowing someone in the lab. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment